Updated: May 20, 2021
- On our Site or through your use of the Services.
- Through voice commands, emails, text based exchanges, chats, and any other form of interaction between you and the Services.
- When calling our support phone line for interaction with a support agent.
- Through our Caregiver Portal, including the Dialog Management System, and through any of our mobile, tablet or desktop applications that you download.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 18
Our Services are not intended for use by persons under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any Personal Information (as defined below) to or on the Services. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information (as defined below) from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information through the Services or on or through any of its features, register on the Site, use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Site, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information (as defined below) from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
To the extent that LifePod is subject to any requirements of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act and its implementing regulations, as all may be amended from time to time (“HIPAA”), we comply with those HIPAA requirements. We comply with HIPAA to the extent required, which may not include every circumstance or use relating to the Services or our operations. We regularly review the scope of our compliance, including conducting annual compliance audits.
INFORMATION ABOUT YOU THAT WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We May Automatically Collect Non-Personal Information
We collect non-personal information, such as information about your computer or mobile device, unique device identifiers, pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, , your device geolocation information, time spent on our web pages and other statistics when you use ourServices or visit our Site.
The information we collect automatically does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. Non-personal information helps us to improve our Services and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to estimate our audience size and usage patterns, store information about your preferences, speed up your searches, and recognize you when you return to our Site.
The technologies we use for automatic data collection of non-personal information may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Site may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Site and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or [opened an email] and for other related Site statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Site content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze this type of information in order to increase our Service’s functionality. These third party service providers have their own privacy policies addressing how they use such information.
We Collect Personal Information That You Provide To Us
In addition to non-personal information, if you subscribe to or use the Services, we collect Personal Information. “Personal Information” means the information by which you may be personally identified, such as your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, healthcare information, or other identifiers that relate to or are about you.
We collect Personal Information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Through your use of the Services.
- From third parties, such as our business partners, when provide to them.
The Personal Information that we collect may include the following:
- Details about your health and healthcare status.
- Identifying, demographic and other related information that you provide through your use of the Services or when you fill out forms on the Site.
- Any Personal Information that you include in your User Content and Audio Content.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries on the Site.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
Information Security is integral to LifePod Solutions, Inc.’s business and operation. We strive to assure the integrity and availability of all information we disseminate, produce, manage or store, all of which is appropriately handled through sound policies, procedures, training, education, technology, and organizational design that ensure confidentiality of client, patient, employee, and company data.
Our WISP (Written Information Security Policy) and other associated Information Security policies aim to protect our information assets from any internal, external, deliberate or accidental threats. Through our WISP and other associated Information Security policies and processes:
all breaches of information security, actual or suspected, will be reported to and investigated by authorized persons;
an Information Security Steering Committee (appointed by the LifePod Solutions Leadership Team) is responsible for approving the Information Security Program;
Information Security documents not limited to Policies, Procedures and Guidelines are made available to LifePod Solutions employees in both hardcopy and online format to support the Information Security policies & program.
Our WISP and all associated Information Security policies are approved by the LifePod Solutions Leadership Team and Information Security Steering Committee (ISSC) and are reviewed (and revised as appropriate) annually to ensure they are applicable to the current business environment.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment will be encrypted using SSL and PCI standards and technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. For instance, you are responsible for keeping your Credentials confidential. We ask you not to share your Credentials with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Site or Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for any circumvention by any third parties of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Services.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- To provide, refine, modify, update, enhance, improve, or otherwise change the Services.
- To present our Site and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about the Services, including your subscription, or expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Site or Services.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features available through the Services.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
- To comply with applicable legal requirements.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will comply, unless otherwise prohibited by contractual obligations with the third party paying for your use of the Services.
HOW WE SHARE OR DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction. Further, we may retain de-identified information following any termination of your use of the Services or a request to delete your Personal Information that we can grant.
- To any third party through which you gain access to the Services;
- To you healthcare clinicians and/or insurers that provide you access to the Services or to whom you grant access to your Personal Information;
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business in accordance with applicable law and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by LifePod about our Users and Site users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose if we have received your explicit consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of LifePod, our Users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
YOUR CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information that you provide to us. You can use the following mechanisms to exercise control over your information:
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION
You may send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, an amendment of, or deletion of any Personal Information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your Personal Information if you receive access to the Services through a third party as information rights may be governed by that relationship. If we can delete your Personal Information, then we cannot delete your Personal Information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
THIRD PARTY SITES
The Services may contain links to external websites and/or services. Your use of any third-party site and/or service, including the submission of personal information, will be governed by the terms and conditions of the site operator or third party.
LIFEPOD IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PRACTICES OR CONTENT OF ANY THIRD-PARTY SERVICES, EVEN IF WE PROVIDE A Connection or other form of access FROM OUR SITE OR SERVICES.