Updated: March 10, 2020
This policy applies to information that we collect or receive from you:
- On this Site.
- In email, text, chat, and other electronic messages between you and this Site.
- When calling our support phone line for interaction with a support agent.
- Through our Caregiver Portal, including the Dialog Management System, and through any mobile, tablet and desktop applications that you download from this Site.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
This Policy does not apply to information that is collected or obtained:
- offline or through any other means; or
- from any third party, including through any website, application, or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Services]
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 18
Our Services are not intended for use by persons under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any Personal Information (as defined below) to or on the Services. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information (as defined below) from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Site or on or through any of its features, register on the Site, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Site, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information (as defined below) from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
INFORMATION ABOUT YOU THAT WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We May Automatically Collect Non-Personal Information
The information we collect automatically does not include personal information, [but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties]. It helps us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to estimate our audience size and usage patterns, store information about your preferences, speed up your searches, and recognize you when you return to our Site.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Site may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Site [and our emails] may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or [opened an email] and for other related Site statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Site content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
We May Collect Personal Information That You Provide To Us
In addition to this non-personal information, if you subscribe to or use the Services, we collect Personal Information. “Personal Information” means the information by which you may be personally identified, such as your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, or other identifiers that allow you to be contacted online or offline.
We collect Personal Information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us
- From third parties, such as our business partners, when provide to them
The Personal Information that you provide to us may include the following:
- Information that you provide when you fill out forms on the Site or through the Services. This includes the Personal Information, including billing information, that you provide when you subscribe to our Services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Site or Services.
- Any Personal Information that you include in your LifePod User Content and Audio Content.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries on the Site.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Site or Services.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features available through the Services.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about [our own and third-parties’] goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please [check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the subscription form)/adjust your user preferences in your account profile. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
HOW WE SHARE OR DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business [and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them].
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of LifePod Solutions, Inc.’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by LifePod Solutions, Inc. about our Users and Site users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have [consented to/not opted out of] these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. For more information, see Your Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the “email a friend” feature of our Site, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our Terms of Service, Subscription Agreement, and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of LifePod Solutions, Inc., our Users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
YOUR CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information that you provide to us. You can use the following mechanisms to exercise control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising: If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by [checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the subscription form)/adjusting your user preferences in your account profile.] You can also opt-out by sending us an email with your request to email@example.com.
- Promotional Offers from the Company: If you do not wish to have your email address/contact information] used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by [checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the subscription form)/adjusting your user preferences in your account profile.] You can also opt-out by sending us an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. Please note that this opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
- Targeted Advertising: If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by [checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the subscription form)/adjusting your user preferences in your account profile.] You can also opt-out by sending us an email with your request to email@example.com.
California residents may have additional Personal Information rights and choices. Please see CCPA and California Privacy Rights for more information.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION
You may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your Personal Information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
CCPA AND CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Subject to certain limitations, the CCPA provides California consumers who are users of our services, the right to request to know more details about the categories or specific pieces of personal information we collect (including how we use and disclose this information), to delete their personal information, to opt out of any “sales” that may be occurring, and to not be discriminated against for exercising these rights. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com or write us at: LifePod Solutions, Inc., 1 Lincoln Street, Suite 29106, Boston, MA 02111.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment will be encrypted using SSL and PCI standards and technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. For instance, you are responsible for keeping your Credentials confidential. We ask you not to share your Credentials with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Site or Services. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for any circumvention by any third parties of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Services.
THIRD PARTY SITES
The Services may contain links to external websites. Your use of any third-party site, including the submission of Personal Information, will be governed by the terms and conditions of the site operator.
LIFEPOD SOLUTIONS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PRACTICES OR CONTENT OF ANY THIRD-PARTY SITE, EVEN IF WE PROVIDE A LINK FROM OUR SITE OR SERVICES.