LifePod Solutions, Inc. is currently seeking a self-motivated Systems and Software Quality Assurance (QA) Co-Op student who is a strong individual technical contributor to be part of a dynamic cross-functional engineering team and be responsible for assisting in testing and quality assurance of our solutions for voice user services for Caregivers and Seniors and next-gen virtual caregiver services.
The ideal candidate will have at least two years of college studies completed leading towards a Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical degree and has enthusiasm for doing software and device quality assurance work.
- Collaborate with developers, testers, and product managers
- Verify software features and functions as directed
- Ensure code quality executing test plans as directed
- Discover, log, and verify bug fixes
- Assist with developing automated testing suite infrastructure and test cases
- Ability to thrive in a start-up environment with frequently changing priorities
- Assist with technical customer support to our end-client customers and partners.
- 2 years of university coursework in a technical field related to Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar technical degree.
- Some understanding of QA principles and methodologies, and an eagerness to learn more.
- Ability to think critically in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to learn in a hands-on work environment, collaboration and problem-solving skills with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with internal and external customers.
- Basic knowledge of Linux systems (ability to navigate and execute commands on a command line) would be helpful
- Hands-on work in configuring and testing devices, specifically smart speaker virtual assistant devices, i.e. Amazon Echo, Google Home.
- Exposure to software and solution development using Agile methodologies, a plus.
- Reporting: The position reports to Head of Software Quality Assurance (QA) Team
- Location: LifePod Solutions, 99 Summer Street, Suite 2010, Boston, MA 02110
- Position will be on-site in Boston
Working at LifePod
LifePod is an exciting entrepreneurial start-up technology company where we are driven by our mission of developing the first-ever virtual caregiving service! LifePod Solutions is improving the quality of life for caregivers and their loved ones by providing voice-initiated, intelligent and connected services to support seniors as they age-in-place. LifePod’s easy-to-use voice service expands the capabilities of popular smart speakers with patented, innovative technology that provides a natural voice dialog, configured and controlled by remote caregivers using an online portal. The LifePod voice-first service offers proactive, voice-based check-ins, reminders, care plans, and encourages users to access other online services (e.g., music, weather, therapy, etc.) to enhance their day and help them feel more connected. The LifePod team, led by veterans in virtual assistant technology, speech recognition, IoT and online services for older adults and those with special care needs, works closely with families, professional caregivers, and senior living facilities to improve health outcomes and reduce the costs of long-term care.