LifePod’s next-generation platform supports innovative voice-enabled products and end-to-end managed services for Caregivers and Care Recipients alike, bringing next-gen remote monitoring solutions for connected healthcare services. The Principal Back-end Software Engineer is a staff- or principal-level software development role and strong individual technical contributor who will join a dynamic cross-functional engineering team responsible for designing, developing, and testing feature enhancements and bug fixes for our cloud services platform.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Design and develop server-side code for stateless and stateful microservices in AWS
- Integrate user-facing elements developed in the front-end with server-side logic
- Write maintainable, reusable, scalable and secure code
- Write unit tests and assist with development of automated functional and integration tests
- Participate in team code review process and constructively review other engineers’ code and provide architectural feedback
- Collaborate early and often with a cross-functional team on new product features
- Ability to implement front-end logic from time to time (e.g., occasionally be a full-stack engineer) is a plus
- Platform optimization: Make sound tradeoff decisions between development speed, scalability, performance and maintainability
- Implement security and data protection protocols and procedures
- Design and implement high-performing persistent data storage solutions for the runtime platform and for the data analytics pipeline
- Assist with customer support incidents
- Assist with QA testing to enable team to meet sprint goals
- Keep up to date with new technologies and when appropriate, apply them to our designs and architecture.
Qualifications and Skills
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- At least 7 years’ experience with hands-on back-end software development experience implementing back-end services in Java
- 3+ years of experience developing back-end services in Go is a plus
- Knowledge of back-end systems data and best-practices in OWASP security principles
- Experience with Java Spring Boot, Hibernate and Envers desired
- Experience with build tools such as Maven
- Proficient understanding of source code tools such as Git & GitHub
- Experience integrating 3rd party API’s (REST, OAuth)
- Hands-on experience developing services deployed to Amazon Web Services
- Proven track record of balancing multiple development priorities simultaneously and negotiating workflow while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to thrive in a start-up environment with frequently changing priorities
- Proven ability to work independently with only high-level direction
- Integration of multiple data sources, databases, enterprise applications and Web services via middleware or other abstraction layers
- Experience with data migration, transformation, and scripting
- Experience with database engine such as RDS Postgres and data store solutions such as S3. Knowledge of data warehouse solutions such as Snowflake is a plus
- Experience using Agile methodologies strongly desired
- Excellent development, collaboration and problem-solving skills with cross-functional teams
- Excellent requirements and specification writing skills and the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with internal and external customers
- Grade: Staff or Principal Back-end Developer
- Compensation: Industry-competitive compensation package which includes benefits and equity position
- Reporting: The position reports to Director of Software Development
- Location: Position is currently remote (work at home) during the pandemic, on-site at our 1 Lincoln Street, Boston, MA location Boston, when office reopens.
LifePod is an exciting entrepreneurial start-up technology environment where we are driven by our mission! LifePod Solutions, Inc. is improving the quality of life for caregivers and their loved ones by providing voice-initiated, intelligent and connected services to support seniors as they age-in-place. LifePod’s easy-to-use voice service expands the capabilities of popular smart speakers with patent-pending, innovative technology that provides a natural voice dialog, configured and controlled by remote caregivers using an online portal. The LifePod voice-first service offers proactive, voice-based check-ins and reminders, and encourages users to access other online services (e.g., music, weather, therapy, etc.) to enhance their day and help them feel more connected. The LifePod team, led by veterans in virtual assistant technology, speech recognition, IoT and online services for older adults and those with special care needs, works closely with families, professional caregivers, and senior living facilities to improve health outcomes and reduce the costs of long-term care. To learn more, visit www.lifepod.com.
Diversity & Inclusion
At LifePod, we celebrate the fact that our customers and end users have diverse backgrounds and lived experiences – so we seek to listen to, to understand, to embrace and to represent difference. LifePod is an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.