LifePod’s next-generation platform supports innovative voice-enabled products and end-to-end managed services for Caregivers and Care Recipients alike, bringing next-gen remote monitoring solutions for connected healthcare services.
The Data Engineering and Integration Developer is a mid- to senior-level data systems integration expert and a strong individual technical contributor who will join a dynamic cross-functional software engineering team responsible for data at rest, data in transit, and data integration of disparate systems and applications our extensible cloud services platform.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Ensure data fidelity, accuracy, integrity, quality and optimum performance of data integration systems in order to meet business solutions.
- Assist in design and implement high-performing persistent data storage solutions for the runtime platform and for the data analytics pipeline
- Manage data analysis and data integration of disparate systems.
- Implement processes and logic to extract, transform, and distribute data across one or more data stores from a wide variety of sources.
- Optimize data integration platform to provide optimal performance under increasing data volumes.
- Develop and document the data audit, archiving, and restoration processes.
- Develop quality standards to ensure data quality and integrity across various database systems and data stores.
- Provide problem-solving expertise and complex analysis of data to develop business intelligence integration designs.
- Build extensible data acquisition and integration solutions to meet the functional and non-functional requirements of the business, understand/implement SQL and Athena queries.
- Develop data integration standards according to the organization’s information services policies as well as best practices.
- Conduct review of other integration developers’ development efforts to ensure consistent methodologies are followed and to make recommendations where necessary.
- Work with Data Analysts and Business Users to translate functional specifications into technical designs for implementation and deployment.
- Convert physical data integration models and other design specifications to source code.
- Implement data security and data protection protocols and procedures
- Assist with customer support incidents related to data
- Collaborate early and often with a cross-functional team on new platform features
- Keep up to date with technical advances and new data technologies/solutions in order to plan for future development goals designs and architectures
Qualifications and Skills
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Software Development or equivalent
- At least 5 years’ experience performing tasks pertaining to data integration (ETL) processes to transform disparate source data into the target data stores, data warehouses or databases.
- Knowledge of back-end systems data and best-practices in OWASP security principles
- Understanding of 3rd party API’s (REST, OAuth) and experience with data services deployed to Amazon Web Services.
- Proven ability to work independently given high-level direction.
- Integration of multiple data sources, databases, enterprise applications and Web services via middleware or other abstraction layers.
- Experience with data migration, transformation, and scripting.
- Managing data in different formats (structured and unstructured) and defining database schemas that represent and support business processes.
- Experience with database engine such as RDS Postgres and data store solutions such as S3. Knowledge of any data warehouse such as Redshift, Snowflake is a plus
- Experience using Agile methodologies strongly desired
- Excellent development, collaboration and problem-solving skills with cross-functional teams
- Excellent requirements and specification writing skills and the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with internal and external customers
- Grade: Mid- to Senior-level Data Integration Developer
- Compensation: Industry-competitive compensation package which includes benefits and equity position
- Reporting: The position reports to Executive Director of Software Development
- Location: Position is on-site at our 1 Lincoln Street, Boston, MA location Boston with options to work remotely on occasion
LifePod is an exciting entrepreneurial start-up technology environment where we are driven by our mission! LifePod Solutions, Inc. is improving the quality of life for caregivers and their loved ones by providing voice-initiated, intelligent and connected services to support seniors as they age-in-place. LifePod’s easy-to-use voice service expands the capabilities of popular smart speakers with patent-pending, innovative technology that provides a natural voice dialog, configured and controlled by remote caregivers using an online portal. The LifePod voice-first service offers proactive, voice-based check-ins and reminders, and encourages users to access other online services (e.g., music, weather, therapy, etc.) to enhance their day and help them feel more connected. The LifePod team, led by veterans in virtual assistant technology, speech recognition, IoT and online services for older adults and those with special care needs, works closely with families, professional caregivers, and senior living facilities to improve health outcomes and reduce the costs of long-term care. To learn more, visit www.lifepod.com.