LifePod’s next-generation platform supports innovative voice-enabled products and end-to-end managed services for Caregivers and Care Recipients alike, bringing next-gen remote monitoring solutions for connected healthcare services.
The ideal candidate will have a four-year college degree and ongoing studies leading towards a Master’s degree within a technical related field (i.e., Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Management or Computational Linguistics) and enthusiasm for doing database, data analysis and linguistics work.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Assist in design and implement high-performing persistent data storage solutions for the runtime platform and for the data analytics pipeline.
- Perform data analysis and data integration of disparate systems.
- Implement processes and logic to extract, transform, and distribute data across one or more data stores from a wide variety of sources.
- Managing data in different formats (structured and unstructured) and defining database schemas that represent and support business processes.
- Build extensible data acquisition and integration solutions to meet the functional and non-functional requirements of the business, understand/implement SQL and Athena queries.
- Assist with customer support incidents related to data
- Enumerate representative subset of potential user responses to Lifepod system prompts, being mindful of nuances in syntax, semantics, and sentiment as well as machine learning sensitivities.
- Organize and formalize potential dialog structures into a flow of contexts, utterances, and intents.
- Ongoing and quarterly linguistics tuning for performance improvement
Qualifications and Skills
- At least 2 years’ experience performing tasks pertaining to data integration (ETL) processes to transform disparate source data into the target data stores, databases or appropriate output files.
- Integration of multiple data sources, databases, enterprise applications and Web services
- Experience with database engine such as RDS Postgres and storage solutions such as S3.
- Understanding of 3rd party API’s (REST, OAuth) and experience with data services deployed to Amazon Web Services.
- Write context-free grammars that create finite-state-automata to semi-automatically generate sample user utterances to feed for machine learning tool(s) to train on.
- Apply machine learning and rule-based techniques to classify and rank English phrases according to sentiment, likelihood, and suitability.
- Query, analyze, and interpret real-world dialogs to inform business decisions and improve system behavior.
- Excellent development, collaboration and problem-solving skills with cross-functional teams
- Excellent technical requirements and specification documentation skills and the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with internal and external customers
- Reporting: The position reports to Head of Data and AI
- Location: LifePod Solutions, 1 Lincoln Street, 29th Floor, Boston, MA 02111
- Position will be remote, work at home (unless our Boston offices reopen in the Fall of 2020 – TBD)
LifePod is an exciting entrepreneurial start-up technology environment where we are driven by our mission! LifePod Solutions, Inc. is improving the quality of life for caregivers and their loved ones by providing voice-initiated, intelligent and connected services to support seniors as they age-in-place. LifePod’s easy-to-use voice service expands the capabilities of popular smart speakers with patent-pending, innovative technology that provides a natural voice dialog, configured and controlled by remote caregivers using an online portal. The LifePod voice-first service offers proactive, voice-based check-ins and reminders, and encourages users to access other online services (e.g., music, weather, therapy, etc.) to enhance their day and help them feel more connected. The LifePod team, led by veterans in virtual assistant technology, speech recognition, IoT and online services for older adults and those with special care needs, works closely with families, professional caregivers, and senior living facilities to improve health outcomes and reduce the costs of long-term care. To learn more, visit www.lifepod.com.
Diversity & Inclusion
At LifePod, we celebrate the fact that our customers and end users have diverse backgrounds and lived experiences – so we seek to listen to, to understand, to embrace and to represent difference. LifePod is an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.