LifePod Solutions, Inc. is currently seeking a self-motivated Business Intelligence (BI), Reporting & Data Analytics Co-Op student who is a strong individual technical contributor to be part of a dynamic cross-functional engineering team and assist the business to enable sound decisions based on solid analysis of data and provide insight regarding interpretation of data and trends (explain the ‘what’ and ‘why’ of data results). You will be a part of a newly formed collaborative Business Intelligence & Analytics team.
The ideal candidate will have at least two years of college studies leading towards a bachelor’s degree within a technical related field (i.e., Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics) and has enthusiasm for doing database, reporting, data analysis and analytics work.
- Perform data analysis, produce data samples/prototypes and produce ad hoc reports.
- Obtain and analyze data by accessing multiple sources, including Tableau and data warehouses to enable agile data analysis and data preparation for front end BI implementation
- Act as the key lead for data sourcing as new projects are kicked-off
- Develop an understanding of specific areas of the business and the key metrics that drive performance. Query data to analyze, monitor, and investigate trends
- Partner and collaborate with Business leaders to provide input to project timelines, scope, and risks for Business Intelligence initiatives (reports and data analytics)
- Evaluate and plan activities to implement automation of manual data extracts and other manual activities
- Interact with the data team developers to help them understand requirements around data requests
- Create and maintain technical documentation including specifications, data flows, data mapping and data dictionaries. Keep documentation up to date on any existing report changes. Facilitate training & rollout of new tools
- Create training and internal QA/UAT documentation, perform quality assurance and ongoing monitoring of current reports and data for accuracy and usage
- Ability to thrive in a start-up environment with frequently changing priorities.
- Assist with customer data and reports to our end-client customers.
- 2 years of university coursework in a technical field related to Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Expertise in qualitative and quantitative analysis. Passion for delivering actionable insights
- Working knowledge of Tableau (preferred)
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of SQL and AWS Athena -they will be used in our service
- For Analytics development – Python and/or R preferred
- Willingness to learn in hands on work environment, collaboration and problem-solving skills with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with internal and external customers.
- Exposure to software and solution development using Agile methodologies, a plus.
- Reporting: The position reports to Head of Engineering and Technology
- Location: LifePod Solutions, 99 Summer Street, Suite 2010, Boston, MA 02110
- Position will be on-site in Boston
Working at LifePod
LifePod is an exciting entrepreneurial start-up technology environment where we are driven by our mission! LifePod Solutions is improving the quality of life for caregivers and their loved ones by providing voice-initiated, intelligent and connected services to support seniors as they age-in-place. LifePod’s easy-to-use voice service expands the capabilities of popular smart speakers with patent-pending, innovative technology that provides a natural voice dialog, configured and controlled by remote caregivers using an online portal. The LifePod voice-first service offers proactive, voice-based check-ins and reminders, and encourages users to access other online services (e.g., music, weather, therapy, etc.) to enhance their day and help them feel more connected. The LifePod team, led by veterans in virtual assistant technology, speech recognition, IoT and online services for older adults and those with special care needs, works closely with families, professional caregivers, and senior living facilities to improve health outcomes and reduce the costs of long-term care.